Nourishment in the News
Sept 16, 2018
September is the height of tailgating season. It's also National Chicken Month. Chef Mandy Cullen from Nourishment Personal Chef Service shares some great recipes to celebrate.
buffalo chicken recipe
2 baked chicken breasts, cooled and shredded
1 package (8 oz) ⅓ less fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup Bolthouse yogurt ranch dressing
1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
3. Spoon into shallow 1-quart baking dish.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir.
5. Serve warm with tortilla chips and veggies.
Nov 4, 2018
Chef Mandy Cullen from Nourishment stops by News 3 to share a recipe for pumpkin cheesecake pie that’s perfect for your holiday dinner table.
pumpkin cheesecake pie recipe
2 9” Wholly Wholesome Organic Pie Shells
8 oz. ⅓ less fat cream cheese, softened
1 can pure pumpkin puree
14 oz. low-fat sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix softened cream cheese and condensed milk together until smooth.
3. Stir in the pumpkin, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until well combined.
4. Pour batter into 2 pie shells.
5. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
6. If the crusts brown too quickly, simply place foil over the edges to prevent burning.
7. Pie is done when a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
Serve with whipped cream.